Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Singapore CLEO August 2008 issue

I read this article on Singapore CLEO August 2008 page 166It advise us to get electronic cigarette instead and how great it is. However, recently I beg a seller from Australia to get this device from http://www.egar.com.au/

So I already blog about these recently how I beg him to sell and post to me in Singapore.

And the seller had post out for me on Tuesday. Item finally reach Singapore today.

However it was first detain by ICA and follow by Health Science Authorities.

Under Singapore term Clauses:

Smoking (Control of Advertisement and Sale of Tobacco)
Act Prohibition on the sale of imitation tobacco products

16. - (1) No person shall import, sell or offer for sale any confectionery or other food product or any toy or other article that is designed to resemble a tobacco product or which is designed to resemble a tobacco product pr which is sold in a package designed to resemble the packaging commonly associated with to tobacco products.

(2) Any person who contravenes subsection (1) shall be guilty of an offence and shall be liable on convinction to a fine not exceeding $5,000 and, in the case of a second or subsequenr convinction, to a fine not exceeding $10,000.


Conclusion, I waste $ on buying a lesson. However I quite angry with CLEO magazine, if this item is illegal why in the first place you publish this article to mislead readers?

Cause of your wrong report, I had commit an offend for nothing. I sincerely hope CLEO writer is responsible of what they are writing…. I’m very disappointed in CLEO and totally lose faith in CLEO. Worst is I had ordering from them for 3years already. I guess once this order finish by January 2009. I will stop ordering again.

Because of the wrong article I lost $ and being Blacklisted by SingPost. Now I guess they will be tight checking on whatever is post to me already. *Sigh*
P/s: Yes this is only an vaporizes device not a real cigarette however this is an offend to import such thing back!!!

No comments: